The Local Planning Appeal Support Centre helps members of the public understand and navigate land use planning matters in Ontario. The support we provide makes the planning process more accessible to the nonexpert and can lead to early resolution of disputes, reduced appeals, greater clarity in the appeal process and, ultimately, a more fair and affordable land use planning system.
The Centre is an independent agency of the Government of Ontario.
LPASC was established under the Local Planning Appeal Support Centre Act, 2017, with the mandate to:
- establish and administer a cost-effective and efficient system for providing support services to eligible individuals with respect to matters governed by the Planning Act that are under the jurisdiction of the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal
- establish policies and priorities for support services based on its financial resources, and
- provide services that include:
- information on land use planning
- guidance on Tribunal procedures
- advice or representation
- other services prescribed by regulations
The Complaints Policy describes how to complain about the service you received from the Local Planning Appeal Support Centre or one of our policies. It also explains what to expect after you submit a complaint.
The Local Planning Appeal Support Centre will also be developing policies on accessibility, privacy and French language. When they are ready, they will be posted here.